Well, all of these so called Christian scholars are lying through their teeth. How could I say such a thing and be confident that what I'm saying is right. After all, their are countless videos and books on the subject. If you don't believe me just go on You Tube or Amazon.com and view the list of videos posted and authors of all kinds of books on the subject.
In 2 Maccabees the second chapter the account is told. Let's read and see what the scriptures have to say.
2 Maccabess 2:1-08
1. 'It is on record that the prophet Jeremiah ordered the deportees to take the fire, as we have described,
2. and how, having given them the Law, the prophet warned the deportees never to forget the Most High's precepts, nor to let their thoughts be tempted by the sight of gold and silver statues or the finery adorning them.
3. Among other similar admonitions, he urged them not to let the Law depart from their hearts.
4. 'The same document also describes how the prophet, warned by an oracle, gave orders for the tent and the ark to go with him, when he set out for the mountain which Moses had climbed to survey Yah's heritage.
5. On his arrival, Jeremiah found a cave-dwelling, into which he put the tent, the ark and the altar of incense, afterwards blocking up the entrance.
6. Some of his companions went back later to mark out the path but were unable to find it.
7. When Jeremiah learned this, he reproached them, "The place is to remain unknown", he said, "until Yah gathers his people together again and shows them his mercy.
8. Then the Most High bring these things once more to light, and the glory of the Most High will be seen, and so will the cloud, as it was revealed in the time of Moses and when Solomon prayed that the holy place might be gloriously hallowed."
To read the complete story go to the link below: