Apparently, fluoride is slightly more toxic than lead.
So I began to seek out some natural toothpastes that would be of benefit to me and my family. I have tried them all but thought it would be cool to share with you all that I found.
The real cool thing is these 2 recipes for toothpaste does not contain fluoride, is safe to eat!, contains no artificial colorings, is 100% natural and tastes great!
Also these can reverse cavities. Now who would not love that? Making toothpaste at home and in the long run reversing cavities.
- 6 Table spoons baking soda
- 1 Table spoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Table spoon ground clove
- 2 Tea spoon Stevia Powder
This is a dry mix which I love but you can modify it with either neem oil, coconut oil or both. Add a little until the right consistency you want is reached.
- 1/4 cup Organic Virgin Coconut oil
- 10 to 15 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 4 Table spoons baking soda
- 2 tea spoons vegetable glycerin (optional)
A Few Things You Did Not Know About Fluoride In Toothpaste
Apparently, fluoride is slightly more toxic than lead. It's a by-product of the aluminum manufacturing process, and is produced in rather large quantities. That is why it is always mentioned on the pack that the toothpaste should not be swallowed. It was further stated that fluoride is poisonous and slightly less poisonous then arsenic. It is used in rat poison and as an insecticide.
- Fluoride may affect dietary allergies and protein digestion and intolerance.
- Fluoride is also known to cause a cosmetically damaging effect called fluorosis, a staining of the teeth.
- It is known to affect bones in humans.
- Fluoride has also been linked to symptoms of stomach pain and indigestion.
- Fluoride may also damage joints, connective tissue and the brain.